NARCISSISM: EXTREME SELF-CONCEIT. We may not be aware of it or may not admit it, but perhaps some of us also exhibit this type of personality sometimes.
According to experts, excessive selfie obsession is also one possible indication of a narcissistic personality. If that is so, then Facebook is a haven for narcissistic nitizens like me. :-(
Now that this report has come out in the open, this would perhaps help people understand better why DU30 is not just tough on criminals, but he also has a very strong tendency to be so rude to anyone particularly when his ego is hurt.
So, would our country be better off with a leader who has this type of personality rule over us? Maybe or maybe not. We can really never be so sure of the outcome of leaders' plans for our country despite/in spite of the type of personality, character, qualifications, (or whatever qualities or attributes) that they may have. There simply are factors that are beyond human capacity that affect the outcome of the affairs of the universe.
Election is not just an exercise of our citizenship through our right of suffrage, but it is also a test of our society's norms and honesty. And more than the other things, it is a test of our spiritual maturity. Thus, the right thing we can do as responsible citizens of a democratic country is to not be corrupted ANYMORE by bribes! But rather, let us once and for all vote wisely and honestly according to the dictate of our [good] conscience. As different individuals as we are in this country, we may differ in our choices of leaders, but we have common hopes for the good of our country. Therefore as a people of faith, through fervent prayer, let us all lift up to the Almighty's hands our different preferences of leaders and leave our common earnest hopes of a better country at His feet.
As we come close to the elections in May, perhaps a few lines from the Book of books could strengthen our trust in the Almighty's overwhelming concern for the well-being of all of the countries and nations all over the world:
* (Proverbs 19:21) Many are the plans in a man's mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose that shall prevail.
* (Isiah 9:6) For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
* (Proverbs 21:1) In the Lord's hand, a king's heart is like streams of water: He directs it wherever He chooses.
* (Psalm 75:6-7) No one from the east or the west or from the desert can exalt themselves. It is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another.
* (Daniel 2:21) It is God who alters the times and seasons, and he removes kings and promotes kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
* (2 Chronicles 7:14) If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
* (Proverbs 14:34) Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people.
* (Proverbs 21:2) Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the hearts.
* (1 Corinthians 1:27) But God [could] choose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God [could] choose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
One should not just remain held captive by a narcissistic spirit inside his own self. This "criminal" spirit inside one's own self is a tougher enemy to conquer than the criminals on the streets. One's personality disorder should never be an excuse not to ask for God's forgiveness and help. More likely than not, this spirit can get in the way of good leadership and governance. It can ruin good personal relationships as well as public diplomatic relationships when this inner negative spirit is not cast out but left to grow stronger inside.
We can observe that in his heart, the man is struggling against this spirit. Now that this spirit has been identified and named, I beseech you people of faith, together with our prayers, let us help the man cast his inner enemy out of him in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ.