2/23/2008

Starting the Change We Want to See

Lord, let me be the change I want to see

To do with strength and wisdom

All that needs to be done

And become the hope that I can be.

Set me free from my fears and hesitations.

Grant me courage and humility.

Fill me with spirit to face the challenge

And start the change I want to see.

Today, I start the change I want to see.

Even if I’m not the light, I can be the spark.

In faith, service and communion

Let us start the change we want to see,

The change that begins in me.

----------
Jun Lozada said that when this prayer was recited to him before his testimony at the Senate hearing on the NBN project scandal, he felt that the world became silent, and those were the only words that he could hear.

All of us really need to pray this prayer.

Sometimes, God's answers to our prayers are not always in the way we wanted or expected. But God's ways are always higher than our ways. There are times when He disappoints us in something we asked in order to appoint a better thing for us. At other times, He discourages us from lesser things just to cause us to be encouraged in greater things. Oh how mysterious and great are the ways of the Lord!